Sunday, July 05, 2009

Culture Shock Festival

I know its summer again when the Culture Shock Festival is back! This year the festival moved to Pickering for 3 fun packed days in my flipbook tent. These really are some of my favorite workshops. You just can't beat the fun and creativity of making flipbooks. In 3 days we made 300 flipbooks! Now that's a lot of animating! For extra fun we filmed some of the flipbooks on a rostrum stand - you can see the results below. Thursdays flipbooks were made by secondary schools. Fridays by Junior schools. These workshops were just 50 minutes each - so we didn't get to film that many. Saturday was a drop in day - very chilled, which more time to make flipbooks and film them. Enjoy.

For those eager to see their flipbooks - check back soon. I'm had problems uploading to my blog today - but never fear - they will be up very soon!



Selection of flipbooks made my Primary pupils at the Culture Shock Festival, Pickering 2009

2 comments:

Sue Westcott said...

Hi David,
I'm not sure if you'll remember me or not, but I was at the NCCA with you - Sue Westcott.

I'm involved with setting up a film festival in the Worcestershire area and the local council are very keen that it should include an education element and I thought of you, given that you have a huge amount of experience in this field.

The website for the festival is http://www.redditchfilmfestival.com/ and it's projected to take place in April or May 2010. It would be great if you could be part of it. If you could I'd be grateful if you could e-mail me with any thoughts regarding this idea, we're fairly flexible on what it would include, although tying it in to the animation part of the national curriculum would be beneficial. Many thanks.

regards


Sue

David Bunting said...

Hi Sue

It’s wonderful to hear from an old university pal! Of course I remember you. It is good to hear about the exciting work you are doing in festivals. It sounds terrific. Thank you for thinking of me with regards to an educational focus. I am dashing about all over this week but I will put some thoughts together for you over the weekend.

Do you have an email address an I can reach you on?