Friday, March 30, 2007

Stepney School Animations are live!


Production Still: "How Willberforce Stopped the Slave Trade" KS2


Great news! The first series of animated films made as part of my 30 day residency through Creative Partnerships Hull and Arts Council England. are now on the Stepney school webiste! You can see animation made from 3 year olds in foundation, fables in key stage 1 and the just completed film made by year 3+4 about William Willberforce - which is already generating a good deal of excitment.

My 30 day residency at Stepney School is fast beoming one of the most extraordinary, enjoyable and inspiring adventures of my life. Animation is the art form of our age and remains virtually untapped as a teaching tool. In education, just like film, animation can be mistaken as a gimmick or a poor second cousin to live-action. What I’ve learnt is that the reverse is true. Few art forms have the power to captivate young people and facilitate creative expression like animation. To be able to connect with children through cartoons is awesome. My year 6 teacher saw the potential years ago when he invited me to make a cartoon about what I was learning in class. It’s not rocket science. But I'll let these films speak for themselves. Enjoy!
"Jack and the Beanstalk", KS1

No comments: