Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Pixar: 20 Years of Animation



I've just come back from a London and managed to see the Pizar exhibition at the science museum. Wow! I spent two happy hours goggling at the most extraordinary animation exhibition I've ever seen in my life. The centre piece is a staggering state of the art zoetrope using strobe lighting to create the illusion of movement. It you possibly can get there, then go!


The Science museum are also hosting an animation competition to win a limited edition Toy Story image and have an absolutely superb animation tool to use on online. In fact it is one of the best pieces of software I've seen available for children!

You can have a go for free here!

If all that's not enough, then you can see interviews with Pixar production designer Ralph Eggleston here.
The exhibition is on open till the 10th June.
http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/on-line/Pixar/

No comments: