Friday, October 07, 2005

My 8mm Animations





This one's for Henry. I've been looking though the first animations I made when I got an super 8mm camera when I was 9 in preparation for a talk I'm giving for the BBC next week. These stills are from the very first animations I made as soon as I got the camera. The first was about a tyrannical king who controlled his subjects by fighter planes! Now I really can't remember if the next film was about a board housewife who fantasised about having romantic affairs with milkmen and a guy with a yacht, or if she simply imagined she and her husband to have more exciting lives. All the men look the same! Hum. Then I made a film in which a flying saucer (which looks suspiciously like a painted paper plate) terrorized a town. Having known me as a flatmate last year I think Henry will not be too surprised with the slightly strange themes. Of course I should say that naturally everything ended happily ever after!

No comments: